Saturday, September 13, 2008

Response to Captains For Hire Job Post

I got this email from a top trained mariner wishing to apply for a deck officer position on a large private yacht....


Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:39:57 -0400
Subject: RE: Captain / Chef team for a 118' Westport

Dear -,

I’m submitting my name because I have over 40 years of boating/yachting experience. My safety record is impeccable except for the few times I knocked my children unconscious pulling them on water toys. I’m in terrific shape for my age and, outside of the few times I smashed my boat into the dock because I was drunk as hell, have never had a serious or close call while at the helm. Although my largest boat to date has been a 22 foot ski centurion I still believe I would be good at the bigger stuff since my ski boat is an inboard like the big guys!! Please tell the owner that if the boat would be spending time in warmer waters that my wife looks great in a bikini!
Sincerely,

Charles Z



No comments: